Tchoukball UK run courses across the country for all types of learners aged 16 or over. See below for more information on what the level 1 course involves.
Why complete a Level 1 Coaching Award in tchoukball?
- Tchoukball is unique - anyone can play no matter your age, ability or gender. It is extremely popular in schools because it is inclusive, engaging and adaptable.
- Over 1000 learners have qualified since it was launched with an average satisfaction graded at 8.9 out of 10.
- Many of the key skills of tchoukball can be transferred from (or to) other sports.
- Many have been able to take their qualification into schools, coaching organisations, universities, holiday camps and more!
- The course is 3.5 hours long (completed in a single morning or afternoon) and is full of skills and activities for you to deliver after the course.
What does the course involve?
- Experienced and friendly tutors who will give you clear instructions and coaching points throughout.
- No paperwork! The course starts in a meeting room for registration purposes but then it is all based in a sports hall.
- The course is delivered 100% practically so arrive in sports kit and prepare to get active! Previous learners’ feedback shows this is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the course.
- We also give you some of the best tchoukball footage to watch while you meet your tutor and look through your resource pack. Your tutor will give you background information on where tchoukball came from and what other opportunities are available within the sport.
What do I learn on the course?
- Practical ways of delivering tchoukball to beginners for the first time.
- The main rules of a full match and referee signals which you put into practise.
- Creative ideas in how to introduce rules, tactics and techniques, including shooting, defending, footwork and passing.
- Different ways to adapt tchoukball depending on the ability/age of your players.
- Tactics and team formations for small and large games.
What do I receive?
- A recognised qualification from Tchoukball UK National Governing Body.
- A full colour resource pack which includes all of the content delivered on the course and much more.
- A certificate is given to you by the tutor on completion of the course.
- Information on how to buy equipment.
- Free membership to Tchoukball UK.
What type of courses do you run?
We run open or closed courses. Open courses are open to the public, whereas closed courses are delivered to specific learners of your choice. Some examples of previous learners are:
- Primary and Secondary teachers
- Coaching organisations who wanted to upskill their staff
- College and University students
- Young leaders/GCSE PE students
- Universities across the country
Some of our courses are run by Sport Structures or Leeds Beckett University. Use the link provided on the course advertised to book your course online.